Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sheep's Clothing

“Ah! Welcome! I haven’t had a visitor in quite some time. Please, come in. I am so glad you have found my humble tailor shop. Not many people know how to find it.

“Oh, I see. One of my associates referred you to me. Excellent. I am the finest tailor in the town, if I do say so myself. What is it you are looking for?

“Why, yes! You need a nice suit. Why don’t you come into the back, here, and I’ll get you all measured up.”

And that’s the last time I saw that poor gent. I even believe that was the last anyone would see him. That is alive, anyway.

I’m quite excitable when it comes to getting new customers. I don’t often get to make new suits. I find it sad that I don’t get repeat customers here, but it comes with my level of artistry.

You see, when I make a piece of clothing, it’s one-of-a-kind. I don’t do repeat performances. I used to work in a clothing shop. There, I made generic and bland clothing. I tired of that, and quit my old job to move out here to start my own business.

It’s quiet and remote here, so I can safely be as eccentric with my trade as I wish. I believe you may have seen some of my works at the museum. They are the most unique and unsolved garments and I am proud to see people admire them, even if they don’t know it’s my genius.

But I digress in telling you that. Now hold still while I measure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment