Thursday, September 22, 2011

With the Punches


I still don’t know what happened today to make me wind up where I am, but I’m pretty sure it had something to do with kicking my brother this morning.
It’s not my fault, I mean, well, I did kick him.  Pretty hard, in fact.  To be fair, though, he did flush the toilet while I was in the shower.  He’s a huge jerk like that.
Anyway, that’s not the worst thing that happened to me.  Today at school, my friend Steve invited me to join a group of people who were going to go to an old graveyard.  Something about fighting back the hordes of the undead.  My brother, naturally, was going to be the leader of this expedition.  He had a history of leading us to victory against school policies and bullies, so he was a shoe in for the position.
Well, I only remember heading to our house and then my brother pulling out this old book.  He started reading to us, and the next thing I knew was I was staring down a horde of skeletons.  There had to be at least ten of them, and their bones rattled through the air.
I was alone.  Somehow, my brother had managed to separate me from the rest of my part.  I looked at the old club in my hands, and then back to the shambling bones in front of me.  I then heard my brother’s voice from somewhere, almost laughing at me.  He was so cruel.  I think he’s trying to kill me.
His voice echoed in the wooded area surrounding the graveyard.  He said the worst words possible.
ROLL FOR INITIATIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment