Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boil the Water


Stupid hurricane.
I’ve been stuck in this stupid house ever since this stupid storm decided to blow inland.  No, I didn’t leave.  I’m not a wuss.
Power’s been out for days.
No food.  Hungry.
No water, other than what’s flooded in.  Supposed to boil it.  Parasites or something.  Not worth the time, since there’s no power.  Just drank it raw.
There’s a lot of people out in this stupid storm, just wandering around.
I haven’t felt good since I drank all this water.  My eyes burn.  My skin is peeling, but that’s because my stupid house is practically underwater.  I just think of it as an all-day pool.
I am tired of this house.  I’m hungry.  I wonder what those people out there are doing.  Maybe they know where to get food.
I’m really hungry.  I think I want to see what they found.
It’s weird, being outside in a storm.  The sky goes boom.  The people here look worse than I do.  Some are missing parts.  What an awful storm.  They don’t look so good.
The people in that house do.
I think I found dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment